I know the challenges of meeting the variety of needs for today’s Catholic. Nowhere is that more true than in ministering to divorced Catholics. Pope Francis is challenging the Church like never before to be active in reaching out to divorced Catholics and making sure they feel welcome and their needs met. This is where I come in.
I can help you minister more effectively to the divorced Catholics in your parish, diocese, or community. Over the past ten years, I have spoken to Catholic groups large and small to help guide and inspire them on their journey after divorce. My hope is that this page will give you the information you need to decide if I can assist you in more fully meeting the needs of divorced Catholics.
An Overview of this Page
This page provides an overview of what I have to offer, along with a taste of what you can expect. You can click on the links below to take you directly to the relevant sections.
If you want to check my availability for your event, or if you have some questions before proceeding further, please click here:
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with a member of my team prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I use in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
A Little Bit About Me
I have been speaking publicly for more than ten years to divorced Catholics. I been the keynote speaker at a variety of divorced Catholic events. I have co-hosted divorced Catholic conferences that have attracted attendees from all over the world. I have appeared on ETWN television and I have been interviewed on radio. I have facilitated a variety of workshops at the parish and diocesan level.
I have spent much of my career in the software business, having run a successful software company for over 25 years.
After my divorce, I believe God gave me a calling to minister to other divorced Catholics to help them recover from divorce by more fully learning and living their faith.
I devote my time writing, speaking, and facilitating. In terms of my platform:
- My Daily Inspirations reach more than 2,600 subscribers each day.
- My blog, vincefrese.com, and my website, divorcedcatholic.org, attracts over 17,000 visitors a month.
- I have an active Facebook and Twitter following.
I have co-authored the book, Divorced. Catholic. Now What?, which has sold thousands of copies worldwide. I have produced the DVD, Voices of Hope, Testimonies to Healing. I am about to release my latest e-book, Daily Inspirations for Divorced Catholics, Top 30 Reader Favorites. I have developed the 13-week divorce recovery programs, Recovering from Divorce and Rebuilding after Divorce, used in parishes throughout the United States and Canada.
I have been happily married to my wife, Monica, for seven years. We are a blended family. Together with my three daughters, Monica’s two girls and one boy, and our boy, we have seven children. We live outside of Atlanta, Georgia. In my free time, I enjoy reading, woodworking, fishing, and spending time with my family.
My Most Requested Topics
I speak on topics related to recovering from divorce, single parenting, dating and relationships after divorce, remarriage, and step parenting. I will customize my presentation to meet your organization’s specific needs. My goal is to facilitate the outcome you want to create.
My most requested topics include the following. Keep in mind that I can present these as a keynote or a workshop.
Dating and Intimacy as a Divorced Catholic:
The challenges of divorce don’t end after the legal decree is issued—in many ways they just beginning. One particularly challenging area is dating and intimacy. Our society promises happiness in sexually active relationships. This collides headlong with the Church’s teaching. Using colorful stories from my own personal experience, I tackle all the dating and intimacy issues a divorced Catholic grapples with after divorce including:
- When can I date?
- Chastity: How to live it and why it is essential to peace and joy.
- Why the annulment process is essential to future relationships
- Fears of loneliness
- Why virtue is so attractive
- Meeting Mr. or Mrs. Right — doing it right this time
The Essential Keys to Recovering from Divorce
This topic will help the participant recover from divorce by giving a better understanding of how to cope with their emotions, providing insight into their faith, and offering techniques to assist in the healing process.
- Why the Catholic faith is essential to recovering from divorce.
- The reasons why it is so important to grieve the end of the marriage.
- The key habits that will help in recovery.
- How to find peace in the midst of the crisis.
- How to deal with the former spouse.
- The best ways to help the kids cope with divorce.
- The critical “do’s” and “don’ts” to aid in the recovery.
Single Parenting: Raising Kids Catholic after Divorce
Children are the innocent victims of divorce. This topic dives into all the challenges of single parenting and provides solid, practical advice on how to effectively help children overcome divorce.
- How to ensure your kids are raised Catholic after divorce.
- Strategies for dealing with issues not in the divorce decree.
- When to introduce children to new relationships.
- When and why to involve children in big decisions after divorce.
- The most important ways to help children adjust to life after divorce.
- Why the former spouse is so critical to helping children deal with divorce.
How to Handle the Holidays
The holidays are supposed to be a source of joy and excitement. However, divorce can throw a wet blanket on the fun. What used to be a time of celebration has now become a time of conflicting schedules, complicated coordination, and raw emotions.
- How family is still the key to enjoyable holidays.
- Why traditions are so important and how to incorporate them into the new post-divorce reality.
- How to deal with the anger, regret and sadness that holidays can bring.
- How the former spouse can actually help in making the holidays more enjoyable.
- Some smart ways to plan ahead to avoid holiday disasters.
- Plenty of other suggestions to help make the holidays fun after divorce.
Top Ten Things to Tell a Catholic Experiencing Divorce
People who are experiencing divorce typically turn to friends and family for help. For those who have never experienced divorce, it can be very confusing and difficult to know what to say and how to best help them. This topic gives detailed advice on how best to help those who are suffering from divorce.
- What the Church teaches about divorce.
- How to guide a Catholic to live their faith and why it is so critical to recovering from divorce.
- What are the top five things that can help relieve the anxiety and pain.
- Best ways to deal with the former spouse.
- How to determine if a counselor is needed.
- Warning signs of depression and knowing when medical help is needed.
- The top ten Do’s and Don’ts of divorce.
What Others Are Saying
“Very resourceful and Godly!”
“I feel like I have new tools in my toolbox to live post divorce Catholic life.”
“What a blessing your ministry is!”
“Great examples and personal experiences.”
“Vince is very calming and reassuring.”
“It was great! Good info and very helpful.”
“Vince understands what divorced Catholics are going through.”
The Next Step
Thanks again for considering me for your event. You can take the next step by checking my availability. Just click on the orange button below. Someone on my team will get back with you right away.